New to virtual and hybrid events?
Let us guide you through it...
We value your privacy, that’s why we’re committed to protecting your data.
Our contact information is provided if you have any questions.
Who we are
C7 Conference Centre is privately owned and currently operating in Glasgow, UK. Our venue provides spaces for meetings and events in the city centre of Glasgow.
Your personal data
Personal data is any information that can be used to identify you as an individual (like your name, address, email and the company you work for). We collect information about yourself when you:
– Enquire about our services
– Fill in enquiry forms
– Respond in feedback forms
– Engage with us on Social Media
We also track our website activity through smart tool Google Analytics.
Why do we collect your data
There are a few reasons why we’d collect your personal data:
– Account management (when you enquire about making a booking we store your personal data for ease of completing your booking. This will be kept as long as is reasonable in the managing of your account)
– Service requirements (i.e. special dietary information)
How we get the personal information and why we have it:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To be able to contact you as a client or prospective client about your booking / enquiry and respond to any requests you may have.
- To inform you of any offers available at the C7 Conference Centre that may be of interest and assistance to you. These offers are relating solely to our Conference Centre facilities and Conference Centre services.
- To supply you with any information you may require in relation to your event.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Any information that you have made publicly available on your website or public social media accounts that may assist us in communicating with you in regard to the above services. (e.g. we may access a direct telephone number for a company from their public website if they have only provided an email)
- Information about your event which we have gathered through previously hosting prior events. E.g.:
- Type of event
- Requirements of previous events that may be relative to future events (e.g. catering needs)
- Personal preferences that allow us to best serve you for future bookings (e.g. client preference)
We will only ever use the information provided by yourself to improve our services with you in mind, ensuring the best experience possible at our venues.
Information we may use:
– Feedback responses
– Specific delegate information (disabilities/special diets)
– Account details
We will ALWAYS get in touch before ever using anything disclosed to us privately for use on our website site or other online sites we have a presence on.
We use the information that you have given us in order to
- Communicate with you as a client about your event or enquiry
- Give you the best service possible
- Make changes and/or improvements to our services from information you have provided
- Contact you about any offers that may be of interest or assistance to you
- Monitor common trends and areas of improvement of our services
- Monitor client preferences and use this to bring assistance to make improvements to our services.
- Promote our services to other clients
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting:
In writing: C7 Conference Centre, 100 High Craighall Rd, Glasgow, G4 9UD
Telephone: 0141 231 1559
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a vital interest.
(e) We need it to perform a public task.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on our secure digital database, at time of writing this is managed via HubSpot.
We keep your information for up to 7 years. We will then dispose of your information by deleting the information held from our online database.
Third Party Data Sharing
We use various third-party organisations for catering. If your event requires catering we may give them access to your information in order to support us with the day to day running of the venues and are contractually obligated to keep your information confidential and are not allowed to use the data outside of the usual running of the business.
We operate an email mailing list program, used to inform subscribers about products, services and/or news we supply/publish. Subscriber personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above. Subscribers can unsubscribe at any time through an automated online service, or if not available, other means as detailed in the footer of sent marketing messages (or unsubscribe from all Hubspot lists). The type and content of marketing messages subscribers receive, and if it may contain third party content, is clearly outlined at the point of subscription.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to engagement, geographic, demographics and already stored subscriber data.
You can unsubscribe by opting out or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Your data protection rights
Under the data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com, 0141 231 1559 and or 100 High Craighall Road, Glasgow, G4 9UD if you wish to make a request.
Accessing your information
Like to know what personal information we’ve kept? No problem. You have a right to access a copy of the information we hold about you, if you’d like to know please put your application in writing.
Let’s keep your data accurate and up to date! Please contact us or call us on 0141 231 1559 if there is anything you want to change.
You can apply to have your data deleted. Please note we reserve the right to keep your data if we are legally obliged to do so, or to fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
If you have a concern or complaint...
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at [ 0141 231 1559, firstname.lastname@example.org, 100 High Craighall Rd, Glasgow G4 9UD for data protection queries].
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk